Do you watch Twitch streams from time to time? Then you are sure to have noticed that some streamers can change their name color on their Twitch page to a different color while streaming and download twitch videos. It’s quite an interesting skill, right? I found myself wondering if I could do the same thing and I found out that it’s not as easy as it seems. This is one way that I learned to do it on my own. So, if you are interested in this, then keep reading. The main reason why we changed the name color is to make the chat easier to read. I think most of the viewers have done the same to distinguish the streamer’s name from the chat. You might also change your name color when you have an awesome theme for your stream, but it’s not mandatory. In this article, we will discuss how you can change the name color on Twitch and attract an audience.
Changing Name Color On Twitch:
It seems like a very simple thing to do. But it’s quite hard if you haven’t thought about it. There are three steps that you need to follow to be able to change your name color on Twitch:
- Go to your Twitch profile and click on “Edit Profile Settings.”
- In the profile settings, click on “Appearance” and scroll down to the “Color” section.
- Click on the arrow next to the “Name Color” and pick the color you want to use. In my case, I picked the color #a9b7d
- I think it’s a pretty cool color that makes the chat easy to read. You can also set the name color for yourself only or for all viewers as well. Just make sure that you choose the right one.
Quick Tips For Changing Your Name Color On Twitch:
Following are the quick tips to change the name color on twitch. Have a look at them and save time.
- Go to “Account Settings > Game Setup > Twitch Stream Name”
- Click on “Change”
- Change your name color (this will be the color of your name when you are streaming)
- Click “Save”
- Now go back to your live stream and open the game. That’s it!
Using A Mac Or PC, You Can Change Name Colors On Twitch:
You can use any name color you want. However, I prefer to use the colors that come with the operating system itself (like blue for Mac users and white for PC users). It is much easier to read and understand.
- When using a Mac, you should go to:
- “System Preferences > Accounts > View Profiles” and change the “Profile Name Color” option from “Other” to the color you prefer.
- On Windows PCs, you can change the “User Profile” option on the desktop.
- Just go to “Control Panel > User Accounts > View My Computer” and open up your account there.
Changing The Name Color On Twitch Without Touching The Code:
This is a good way to make a personal change without needing to change your code. You don’t need any external plugins at all. You can change the name color of your twitch page setup and do so easily without doing anything. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Go to your Twitch page.
- You will see a box that says “Settings” near your chatbox. Click on it.
- Click on “Colors”. A new window will open where you can change the name color of your Twitch.
Wrapping It All Up:
The name color is one of the most important features of a channel’s identity. The colors you choose to define who you are, what your channel is about, and how your audience will perceive you. It also has a big impact on your stream’s performance. That’s why you need to have a plan when changing it. I want to give you some tips and tricks that will help you do this right. I hope you’ll find them useful.