Facebook is one of the most popular social networks in the world. It is constantly growing and expanding and if you have over 5,000 mutual friends on Facebook, chances are you are going to struggle. Today we are going to show you a simple way to hide the mutual friends of your Facebook friends and thus reduce your ‘friends’ to a manageable level. This trick is very easy to do and we will explain it step by step. One of the worst things on the internet is a person that has too many mutual friends with you on Facebook. For example, imagine someone has a mutual friend with a million other people on Facebook.
The first question that you might ask yourself is: “What can I do to stop him/her from seeing all my posts?” Well, there is a simple answer. This person will not see your updates unless you hide his/her updates on your Facebook page. If you want to remove mutual friends from your Facebook profile, you must first understand how this feature works. In this article, we will teach you how to hide mutual friends on Facebook so that you can remove mutual friends from your profile. So let’s dive in.
How To Remove A Mutual Friend On Facebook?
To remove mutual friends on Facebook, all you need is a few tools. Firstly, go to ‘Settings’ and then ‘Privacy’ and ‘Public Settings’. You should see a section titled ‘Who can see your posts?’ Here you can choose which of your friends can see what you post on your timeline. Now, there is a field where you can add or remove mutual friends. You must add every one of your mutual friends and then remove every one of the mutual friends that they have added.
The list of mutual friends that you have will be displayed on the top. So when you are done adding or removing mutual friends, simply press the button ‘Done’. Once you have completed this, you will have successfully removed all mutual friends on your Facebook profile and also use a Facebook video downloader. This will make sure that you don’t share any more updates with people with whom you have mutual friends.
What Is The Best Method For Hiding Mutual Friends?
The answer to this question is very simple. You just need to follow the steps provided below:
- Open your Facebook page and click on the drop-down menu in the top right corner.
- Click on the “edit settings” link.
- Go to the section named “Show all updates from friends”.
- Check the box which says “Hide updates from these friends”.
- Select the friends that you want to hide updates from.
- Click on the Save button. That’s it. Your mutual friends will now be hidden and thus you will have fewer friends than before.
However, if you want to make sure that the person has no idea about what you have done, you can also do the following:
- Go to the “edit profile” page.
- Go to the “About” section.
- Change the “About Me” section to: “I am a shy girl” or “I am a shy guy”. Now that is something worth talking about.
Other Ways To Hide Mutual Friends On Facebook:
There are several ways to hide mutual friends on Facebook. These include
- Hiding mutual friends on Facebook by using a desktop application
- Hiding mutual friends on Facebook using a mobile application
- Hiding mutual friends on Facebook by using a browser extension
- Hiding mutual friends on Facebook using a browser add-on
So let’s review how to use these methods to hide mutual friends on Facebook.
Hiding Mutual Friends On Facebook Using A Desktop Application:
If you are using Facebook on a desktop computer, then you can use a desktop application to hide mutual friends on Facebook. Following are the easy steps to hide mutual friends on Facebook with the help of the desktop application.
- Open the Facebook desktop application.
- Click on the Account tab at the top of the application.
- On the Account tab, click on the Privacy Settings option.
- On the Privacy Settings page, click on the Friends section.
- Now, click on the ‘Edit Friends’ option and then select the ‘Hide’ option at the bottom of the list.
- Select your friend or your friends' friend that you want to hide and click ‘OK’.
- This feature works perfectly on all versions of Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Hiding Mutual Friends On Facebook Using A Mobile Application:
First of all, download our application on your mobile. The name of the app is FacebookHideFriends. You can get it from the link below.
- Open the application and log in to your Facebook account.
- Then click on ‘My Friends’ and you will see your Facebook friends in a list. Click on ‘Remove’ and you will be asked to confirm this action. Click ‘OK’.
- Now go back to your mobile app and click on ‘Edit Friends’ and ‘Add Friends’. You will see your friends on a list. Click on ‘+’ and then ‘Select Friends’. Add the mutual friend.
- Select the mutual friend in the list. Then click on ‘Hide’. Confirm. Done!
Hiding Mutual Friends On Facebook By Using A Browser Extension:
First, make sure you have a clean copy of Facebook. We suggest you use Firefox or Chrome because the features will not work on other browsers.
- Go to the Facebook page and click the cogwheel at the top right corner.
- Click “Privacy Settings” and then go to “Who can see your future posts?”
- Click “See All” and select “Only me.”
- Scroll down until you find “Show your mutual friends on your timeline”
- Turn off the option by clicking the toggle button.
- Hit the “Save Changes” button at the bottom left of the screen.
- Log out of Facebook.
- When logged out, open up Facebook again and you should be able to hide all mutual friends from your profile.
Hiding Mutual Friends On Facebook Using A Browser Add-on:
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/help/?helppage=
- Click on Add-ons and search for Hide mutual friends.
- Once the extension is added to your browser, log in to your Facebook account and click on the Hide Mutual Friends tab on your profile page.
- You will be able to see who has too many mutual friends with you on Facebook. To remove mutual friends, simply hover over them with your mouse cursor and click on the minus button.
- That’s it! You are done with this trick. The mutual friend’s updates will now only appear if he/she sends you a friend request or you add him/her as a friend. If you like the article, please share it with your friends and family on Facebook. We would love to see a reaction to this post.
Wrapping It All Up:
When it comes to social media, we have to be careful about who we allow to know our personal information. Social media can be a very positive experience. However, when it comes to your personal information, you have to protect yourself. While some people may not care about the privacy of their personal information, it’s not just the big names that we should be worried about. Small businesses and individuals are also at risk. It’s also important to keep in mind that when someone is looking to harm, they don’t always stick to what is “open” about you. In this case, your mutual friends are one way you can find out if this person is safe to share your personal information with. While this isn’t a foolproof method, it’s still better than nothing.