Instagram is a social media app that allows users to share photos and videos with their followers. Within Instagram, there are a variety of acronyms and slang terms that are used. One of the most commonly asked questions is what does CF mean on Instagram?
CF stands for “comment Follow.” When someone uses this acronym, it means that they want their followers to leave a comment on their post and then follow them. If you see this acronym, be sure to leave a comment and then follow the person who posted it!
Have you ever seen a three-letter acronym on Instagram and been totally lost as to what it means? If so, you’re not alone! In fact, many people are unsure of the meaning of CF on Instagram. Don’t worry - in this blog post, we’ll explain exactly what CF means on Instagram and why it’s used. Keep reading for more information!
What is the meaning of CF on Instagram?
CF stands for a close friend on Instagram. When you add someone as a CF, they will appear in a separate section on your profile called Close Friends. Only you and your close friends will be able to see what you share in this section.
You can add anyone as a close friend, even if you don’t know them in real life. For example, you might add a celebrity or public figure that you admire as a close friend. Or you might add someone who has an interesting Instagram account that you enjoy following.
additions to your Close Friends list must be mutual; meaning, the other person also has to add you as a CF in order for it to appear on both of your lists.
What are the benefits of the Close Friends feature on Instagram
The Close Friends feature has several benefits:
- You can use it to designate a close circle of communication and share more private and personal information with those people. This makes many users feel more relaxed.
- Through this option, large bloggers cannot create a separate personal account and continue to use the main and still maintain closer contact with close friends and family members.
- You can poll and vote with people whose opinions really matter to you.
- If you run a business account, you can add company employees to the list to do a newsletter for them that ordinary users won’t see.
- People tend to view “closed” posts more often than normal ones because the information in them seems more important and personal to them.
- This allows you to create a special connection with your subscribers: people often feel flattered when they are added to the “Close Friends” list.
- This option allows you to keep your privacy. This means that none of your subscribers will know who else you’ve added to your personal list.
How to add someone to your list of close friends in the Instagram app?
If you want to add someone to your list of close friends in the Instagram app,
you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, open the Instagram app on your mobile device and sign in to your Instagram account, if needed.
- Then, go to your profile page and tap on the “three lines” button at the top right corner of the screen.
- From the drop down list, select the “Close Friends” option.
- After that, you will see the list of your followers.
- Just check the circle next to your follower’s name to add him or her to the “Close Friends” list.
- Finally, tap “Done” to save changes.
If you want to post a Story for your close friends, you can follow these steps:
- At first, open the Instagram app on your mobile device and sign in to your Instagram account, if needed.
- After that, tap on the “+” icon at the top right corner of the screen of your profile page.
- From the list, select the “Story” option.
- Take a photo or upload it from your library and tap on the “Close friends” button.
How to use this Close Friends function for work purposes on Instagram
Here’s what you can post for your list of close friends:
- Exclusive content you can create a closed club for selected subscribers and post content that is inaccessible to most followers. To get into the “club” offer to be active on the page so you motivate subscribers to leave more likes and comments. By the way, this is one of the ways to increase your reach on Instagram.
- Promotions, promo codes, and company news are a way to organize your loyalty system on Instagram. You can offer in closed posts promo codes with discounts for existing customers or those who have applied but haven’t made a purchase.
- Subscription materials let’s say you sell expert content (training, training courses). Add clients who have paid for subscriptions to your list of loved ones and send the content.
- Communicating with colleagues is a way to discuss work and non-work moments, hold an “online meeting”, and to agree on a content plan. Of course, there are more convenient tools for this, like Trello or Zoom. However, if you have a small business focused on Instagram and a couple or three employees, it’s easier to discuss everything on one platform rather than registering with several services.
- Testing Instagram Stories if you are responsible for maintaining a corporate profile on Instagram, you can send colleagues, bosses, or customers sample stories for approval (to show what the publication will look like before making it available to all subscribers).
- Inviting people to private events is one way to encourage followers and motivate them to be active on your profile. You can tell subscribers that the most active ones will get access to a closed event on their own, but in fact add the maximum number of followers to “Close”, that is, invite as many people as possible (if there are resources for such events). Subscribers will try to get into the “private club”, and everyone who receives an invitation will consider themselves chosen.
This was our guide on how to use Instagram’s Close Friends feature. We hope this was helpful and that you’ll be able to take advantage of these great features for both your personal and professional life. If you have any questions or would like to share your own tips, feel free to leave a comment below. Thanks for reading!